Friday, November 6, 2009

Purity Rings

During the 2008 MTV Music Video Awards, host Russell Brand, poked fun at the Jonas Brothers for wearing purity rings and bashed their idea to wait until marriage for sex. The boys, more mature than most, handled the situation well. Brand was later harshly criticised for his remarks and he properly apologized to the sibling trio.

Middle brother, Joe, in an interview on Larry King Live, has stated that their rings symbolize "a promise to ourselves and to God that we will stay pure until marriage."

Nick, the youngest brother, comments to People Magazine that the rings "are just one of our ways of being different than everybody else out there [Hollywood]."

The JoBros claim to abstain from alcohol, tobacco and other drugs in addition to sex. Kevin 22, Joe 20, and Nick 18 are loved by little girls all across the world and are loved even more by the little girls' mothers because of the Jonas' positive message and respect towards women.

Much like the Scientology situation, the creators of "South Park" have taken it upon themselves to jab at the Jonas Brothers. The hysterical episode features the boys singing the unrealistic lyrics "I've got a ring on me finger to remind me what I'm not to do." Later in the episode Joe Jonas is shown getting his face bashed in by their boss Mickey Mouse.

Hip-Hop artist Jay-Z has also just reportedly released a new CD with a song ragging on the brothers. The lyrics of his song titled "Real As It Gets" reads "No I'm not a Jonas, I am a grown up, no I'm not a virgin, I use my cahoonas".

What I like best about the JoBros is no matter who dishes about them and what is thrown at their way they always have enough dignity to rise above the situation. Never do they sink to their enemies "level". They have always remained silent and carried on as though nothing has ever been said.


No comments:

Post a Comment